Lamborghini Jalpa

Team GCR

Well todays visit to the Restoration Show at the NEC proved a tad more expensive than expected......

It is well known by the guys who look after my 308 so they will collect it for me on Monday and do a recommissioning service. Didn't expect to be taken by it but is lovely in the metal.

safrane

No teasing there...you know I hanker as that GS...as long as it does not break my bank!

allandwf

Had my eye on that from a distance, almost bought a rhd silver one when I bought the AC.

conaero

Forum Owner
Bring it to Le Mans Robin?....if you have to means to purchase it, then do it I say.

Andyk

Love it.....Such a rare car as well..........look forward to hearing how you get on with her.

Team GCR

Bring it to Le Mans Robin?....if you have to means to purchase it, then do it I say.

Lets see what it is like to drive first! Also classic cars can be a liability at Le Mans when the traffic gets bad and if it is very hot, so the GS Spyder is the most likely choice of transport.

Team GCR

Love it.....Such a rare car as well..........look forward to hearing how you get on with her.

Very nice indeed. PH

Oh nice , very nice !

Looks lovely, never seen one in the flesh, many congratulations GCR.

Thanks guys, yes I will be interested to see how I get on with her too, haven't even heard it running yet. Will be interesting to see how it compares to the 308 as they are both 1985 cars and obvious rivals back in their day.

I've seen Jalpas before but never paid too much attention to them before so this was the first one I have had a really good look at and found it far more attractive in the metal than I had ever anticipated. I think the black suits it too and that is complimented by the magnolia leather interior.

I guess it will be several weeks before it is ready for me to pick up though I may pop over in the week so I can at least hear it running. One of the first jobs is too find a number plate for it as I am not a great fan of the NI registrations used by some as personal plates like the one it has at the moment.

outrun

Rocky Balboa's best ride after he won the title! Your wife's not called Adrian is she?

Cool looking car!

conaero

Forum Owner
Pump up the volume:

[video=youtube;tebXHIopqmU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tebXHIopqmU[/video]

Ewan

The Jalpa is a very useable car and fun to drive. I loved mine and would definitely have another. But I prefer the look of no spoiler, so had mine taken off. One word of warning though - the roof leaks. Not worth trying to fix either, as even Valetino Balboni told me that they could never fix at the factory. But if you only use it on sunny days, and keep the roof off, you'll love it.

You'll probably love it. But if you don't, or simply fancy something else, give me a call.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
That takes me back a bit! Nice car but I have to say that the wheels look a bit lost in those arches. However, a set of 6 inch spacers will sort the stance out! :)

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice looking car, GCR. You must be a happy man :smile:. I'll be interested to see how it compares to the 308 (an incredibly pretty car which would comfortably find its way into my fantasy garage).