GT 100k up

CHJ22

Been offered an AM V8 Vantage with only 18k miles on it for a similar price to this which makes the AM seem a real bargain. Anyone owned one?

If you don't end up buying that could you pass me the details on? in in the market for one and that seems cheap! Thanks

tailor_mike

Now at 27,995.

I did speak to the guy and hes a nice chap so seems straight high miler from what he said.

But it did put me off it has no receipts for any service work carried out, only the booklet with stamps in. I realise receipts/invoices get lost from time to time. But with that many miles on the clock would be nice to have a a fair whack of paperwork with the car rather than just the V5 and a book pack.

Might be just me but when i buy a car i like to see a nice wedge of paper work backing up all service work carried out over the years :)

safrane

The owner can go to the dealer who has been looking after it to get copies...I did the same with my first 4200 and built up all the back records.

Andyk

Mike, I'm the same with a car like this..Always nice to see a load of receipts......

GhostyDog

Thats gonna go soon, it's starting to get to the 'lot of car for the money' psychological point where the mileage wont really matter too much.

Hope it gets bought by someone on here so we get to see the outcome.

philw696

Well my 4200 is doing just fine having gone over 100k and still goes like poo of a shovel with all of her 456 DMS pony's.
Phil.

BJL

Well my 4200 is doing just fine having gone over 100k and still goes like poo of a shovel with all of her 456 DMS pony's.
Phil.
Overall how would you assess your DMS experience regards reliability, driveability, gear change effect, and consumption?

philw696

There have been many discussions on the subject but for me it has been positive maybe ive been lucky with my car as in 4 years the biggest bill i have paid.
From a driving point of view she is just as i want her but im a bit of a hooligan and drive her as i believe she was designed and will be keeping her forever.
I may dabble further with the prancing horse but my Maserati is my special one.
Phil.

BJL

Me too regards keeping my QP forever.

When I bought mine I was told that upto the launch of the Granturismo over 50% of all Maseratis sold were still with their original owner whereas Ferraris changed hands like people change their shirts.

True or not it encouraged me