Spyder 29k .... What the

zagatoes30

I wonder which one is the nicest Spyder, hum, tough one!

I do like the wheels in that colour though, works really well.

I am planning to have the wheels re done for Le Mans and was thinking going a different colour and these do look rather nice.

safrane

Scuttle shake if the floorplan flexing due to the fact there is no roof; this is why convertibles require extra strengthening. The CC box and the manual do the same amount of work so the clutch last about the same number of gear changes. Latter cars have a glass screen and more strengthening, you can tell this if there is no bee-sting antenna on the rear wing.

Note there are quite a few new ones on P/H and Auto Trader this weekend

conaero

Forum Owner
Latter cars have a glass screen and more strengthening....

Glass screen yes, strengthening no, they tried to engineer it out by softening the suspension.....despite what the literature says the tubs are all the same, source, Marios

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
It would appear that they put a strengthener across the transmission tunnel on the underside as well, although the jury is out as to how effective it is. Contrary to the general consensus I have to say I find that the spyder handles da*n near as well as the coupe. If you accept that the chassis flexes and drive through it, it is more than adequate and is all part of the character and, as a big bonus, you get to hear the symphony an awful lot better!

CHelme

Thanks for the feedback guys. BennyD, I believe what you say is correct. I am actually quite excited about owning one of these cars soon. I am no Tiff Nedell, so trackdays are not on the list of things to do...driving to Italy and back on the other hand....fingers crossed I find a good one!

Chrisbassett

I am no Tiff Nedell, so trackdays are not on the list of things to do...driving to Italy and back on the other hand....fingers crossed I find a good one!

Do both!!! I'm definitely no Tiff Nedell (good or bad opinions notwithstanding) but have enjoyed the Spyder on the track as much as on the long cruises, through the mountain passes and in town. I can't think of a time when I've wished I was in anything else.

Do a track driving lesson in your car and learn what it can do.

: )