Silver GS now 21k

hodroyd

V8 VDO, is that a member on here..?? For the mileage and year I suppose that is about right, but it's a GS so it's reasonable..!!

Andyk

Think it was up for a bit more last week.....Prices are all over the place but mostly seem up.....There is a lovely blue one on AT with 90k on the clock for 20k so this one against that seems better value...Although the blue one looks stunning...

conaero

Forum Owner
At 66k miles, I think the price is about right, these cars dont seem to fair well once they pass the magical 50k barrier.

Andyk

What do you think of the lovely Anniversary blue one at 20k with 90k up Matt

MAF260

these cars dont seem to fair well once they pass the magical 50k barrier.
I just don't get this. The youngest GS is 6 years old this year, the oldest is 10. 50k miles is nothing for a GS and I'd expect many 04-06 cars to have covered this sort of mileage as a minimum. Mine has yet to go over the magical 50k mark, but I can't see how the value will drop off a cliff when it does!

hodroyd

I too think the GS will hold it's price but 50/60K still seems to be a mental target for reduction, over 75K and prices do start to suffer..!! If I had one of these engines and it had been looked after as we all do, it would not worry me to get well over 100K with it and it still be strong..!!

conaero

Forum Owner
I just don't get this. The youngest GS is 6 years old this year, the oldest is 10. 50k miles is nothing for a GS and I'd expect many 04-06 cars to have covered this sort of mileage as a minimum. Mine has yet to go over the magical 50k mark, but I can't see how the value will drop off a cliff when it does!

Its not fair, no, but its fact unfortunately.

Having watch the market closely over the past 6 months, when they go over £50k (LE) they seem to trade for around the £23k mark, go over 60k and this slips down to around £20k, higher mileage examples slip below the £20k threashold.

Not saying this is gospel, just what I have observed over the past months.

philw696

I too think the GS will hold it's price but 50/60K still seems to be a mental target for reduction, over 75K and prices do start to suffer..!! If I had one of these engines and it had been looked after as we all do, it would not worry me to get well over 100K with it and it still be strong..!!

Agree with you Robert mines on 110,000 and will hold its own with anything.
They are big properly built V8 motors remember.
Phil.

hodroyd

Good quality top end oil and regular changes to that and filters, engines love it..!!

safrane

I have to agree with Matt...its not our view if the capability of the engine to take the miles that will influence the price....its that the market wants a low miles one...so much so that those below 20k fetch prices that are somewhat hard to swallow when we know the capabilities.