Did the not see (or hear) the rather large Lamborghini coming down the road?

Emtee

Words fail me.....

[video=youtube_share;kfS8iz2NaLE]http://youtu.be/kfS8iz2NaLE[/video]

CatmanV2

Difficult to tell if the Aventador was going too fast, or the MPV didn't look properly.

C

safrane

Lambo going well above thirty imo.

photos were in yesterdays evening standard...funny how it was being filmed at the time...was it showing off to the onlookers?

Needamaser

Sounded to me the Lambo was motoring on prior to impact.
Wondered if the guy with the red top that ran to open the passenger door (seemed to "know" how to open it quickly) was there to video a drive by and got more than they bargained for.
His body language and way he was tidying up the damaged parts made it look as if he was involved with the car occupants. Or maybe I am just suspicious and it was coincidence someone was recording a quiet street for no reason and a Lambo suddenly turned up?

safrane

Given that after the collision it still travels four car lengths in half a second it was doing about fifty to sixty mph

Needamaser

I know which had right of way.

True but the MPV was barely moving and a car at 30mph would have had all the time in the world to stop before an impact. Reckon Lambo was 50+ anyway.
Thankfully it was a slow moving car he hit and not a child, elderly person stepping out from behind a vehicle etc.
If it was a mate of his videoing the event he might be better to "lose" the clip before the insurance companies see it. ;-)

CliveP1

looking at it the MPV coming out of the turning they had parked cars to his left a bus and might have been edging out, sounded like lambo was going at to fast for the built up junctions plus did the other guy get out of the Maserati behind

Contigo

Sponsor
Given that after the collision it still travels four car lengths in half a second it was doing about fifty to sixty mph

Yep way too fast for a road like that so despite the other car pulling out there was no way. It could have dropped and you have to make allowances. No sympathy for the Lamborghini driver I'm afraid. If this is the usual Arab flown over supercar then they won't have insurance sorted anyway so will be just another bill to pay..

SimonCC

As this has been in the papers and it is well known it is on youtube (several times) I think the insurance company will know this so Mr Lambo driver won't fare too well... not to mention the police using it as well...

rossyl

IMO the Mazda is at fault here. I also don't think you can judge how fast the Lambo is going. He may not have slowed down and be doing 30mph at impact. The Mazda shouldn't have pulled out, and did it hesitantly.

Andyk

Don't see how we can say the lambo was going to fast to be honest.....The way he hit that MPV I think he would have still travelled forward doing 30 or 50........Unless he was going 70/80 any one watching or even at the side of the road could not probably tell the difference between 30/40 .....Speed is very hard to judge especially on a video..........

Contigo

Sponsor
But did you not hear the sound of it Andy? You can hear the engine was still increasing in speed at the time it hit! A Lambo at 30mph at steady revs doesn't sound anything like the that....

Contigo

Sponsor
IMO the Mazda is at fault here. I also don't think you can judge how fast the Lambo is going. He may not have slowed down and be doing 30mph at impact. The Mazda shouldn't have pulled out, and did it hesitantly.

Interesting. Mazda driver looks left nothing coming, looks right and by the time they edge forward someone coming far too fast hits them. People cannot judge speed as well as others so we have to make allowances. Defensive driving and all that. The Lambo made no such allowances. Ask Schmee he was there I'm sure he will give an account.

rossyl

Plenty of times I've seen hesitant driving like this - the Mazda driver hesitating to go, then not, then making the move when it's dangerous to do so.

Mazda drivers hesitation may have led the Lambo to think the Mazda was not going to pull out.

If someone pulls out into your path, I don't think it changes the fault if you do not slow down in time.

Also it's not possible to judge speed on engine noise. He could be in 1st.