Maserati Granturismo 4.7S MC-shift 2008/58

sjc

After finally realising that I cannot bring myself to sell my beloved Noble M400,I am sadly going to sell my Granturismo S MC-shift instead. It was always the intention to keep the car for 6-9 months and then decide whether to sell the Noble or the Maserati,but as we always seem to end up using our LR Discovery for family stuff (due to our Cocker Spaniel invariably being invited along!) the Granturismo isn't being used in the way I imagined!

The car spec and details as follows....
Maserati Granturismo 4.7S MC-shift
2008/58
Metallic black
Black leather/alcantara with red stitching.
3 Owners
42K miles.
Full Maserati dealer service history dealers, with nothing scrimped on at all.

It's a high spec car,the list price was nearly £100,000,with the option boxes ticked as follows....
20" Grigio Mercury Neptune alloy wheels.
Metallic paint.
Skyhook
Bose surround sound
Comfort front seat pack.
Contrast stitching
Front parking sensors.
Aluminium racing pedals.
Bluetooth and Aux lead.
Auto dimming mirrors.
Piano black interior accents.
Alcantara headlining.
Tracker

MOT history
19/10/2011 at 26073 miles
03/10/2012 at 31974 miles
21/10/2013 at 40190 miles.

Service History.
19/05/2010 at 12461 miles. Lancaster Colchester
08/09/2011 at 24868 miles HR Owen London ( also had 4/5 year warranty applied at this point)
08/04/2013 at 35074 miles Lancaster Colchester.This was the big service with Oxygen sensors/lambda's and carbon filters done.
The car will not require another service for the next 12 months/ 5000 miles approx.

An end of extended warranty check was carried out on 20/11/2013 and all that was found to be needed was some interior trim that was unsticking, a common fault,which was of course rectified. The engine variator (another common fault causing a noise on start up) was replaced under warranty on 30/3/2012
The car has had three new tyres in the last 2K miles ( two rears as a pair and one front due to a puncture) and a 4-wheel alignment set-up has just been done at Maserati Colchester in the last 200 miles.

In the meanwhile I've priced the car very sensibly for a reasonably quick sale, hopefully to someone on this forum, before I advertise the car on Pistonheads.
Please note the private plate shown in the pics is not included in the sale.

Provisionally sold.

IMG_0820.jpg
IMG_0822.jpg

Andyk

What a great price......Under 40k for a GT S.....Good luck with the sale..

ENZ525

Good luck with the sale sjc...you did have a big smile on your face when I last saw you in the noble :D

sjc

Good luck with the sale sjc...you did have a big smile on your face when I last saw you in the noble :D
Hi Enz!
When we bumped into each other at the breakfast meet, that was pretty much the first time I'd driven the M400 in months. Someone offered me top money for it at that very brekkie meet out of the blue ( wasn't even advertised for sale!), we got together last Saturday and I suddenly realised that after 7 years ownership I simply couldn't bring myself to sell the Noble, it's a keeper forever now. Fortunately I know the chap very well, and he said that after he drove it he could completely understand why I felt like I did,and I'm now on a mission to try and find him a M400 as good as mine as he's hooked!
Hence the Granturismo being the car to be sold ,friends and family are utterly gobsmacked I'm doing it.

Woody

Good luck with the sale. From my selfish perspective, its nice to see these drop below £40k.

Andyk

Looks stunning with the black chrome around the window......Not seen one for sale at that price with the black...Suits the car..

sjc

Looks stunning with the black chrome around the window......Not seen one for sale at that price with the black...Suits the car..
Thanks, I had that done in piano black by my detail man. It's made the look a little sleeker and less bulky.At the same time, I didn't want the all black look,so kept the vents and handles chrome.
Really happy how it turned out.

DougieMc

Your doing whattttt
Before we even get a chance to meet up for a blast
Booooooo
Needs must cheers for all your help in my early days of choosing

sjc

Your doing whattttt
Before we even get a chance to meet up for a blast
Booooooo
Needs must cheers for all your help in my early days of choosing
Not a needs must sale, it was always my intention to sell one of them after 6 to 9 months.Four cars and a van, three of which ( plus the van) are mine was always a touch extravagant, although I'm sure many on here (including yourself) can top trump that!

bigbob

I know how you feel about the Disco. We use ours for most family journeys for a whole host of reasons. Have just replaced the D3 with a 2014MY Discovery - wow what a difference.

The Noble is a very special car so if it is one or the other for the long term then I understand your decision completely.

As an owner, I'm pleased to see GranTurismo residuals holding up so well. Good luck with the sale.

sjc

I know how you feel about the Disco. We use ours for most family journeys for a whole host of reasons. Have just replaced the D3 with a 2014MY Discovery - wow what a difference.

The Noble is a very special car so if it is one or the other for the long term then I understand your decision completely.

As an owner, I'm pleased to see GranTurismo residuals holding up so well. Good luck with the sale.
Thanks Bob, as you know the GTS is a wonderful car, full of character.
The Noble though is probably the last car of it's ilk to be built by anybody, very very light, darth vader noises from the two turbo's, no airbags no ABS or traction control, stupid quick ( 400BHP per ton),and quite simply by a country mile the best chassis balance and steering of any car I've ever driven. The M400 is the halo model of the range, and also the last ever Noble at that price point, as they are now into 650BHP/225MPH/ £200K+ cars.
I sold a Noble GTO-3R 8 years ago, regretted it same day, and spent 9 months looking for a decent M400.I know I'll have the same feeling again if I sell!
I'll deffo' be back in the Maserati brand in a couple of years, when my arthritis has taken over completely so I can't get in or out of the Noble, and the 4 seat Strads' have crept into the fifties hopefully!

Andyk

I drove a Noble at the Noble dealer in Bristol...many years ago....It was a yellow one and it blew me away....It was like an Elise/Exige with bonkers power and speed...Great cars....