2004 QP £12K......only 33k miles........clean looking Cat D......airbag light on

highlander

have seen this one. needs a full front respray imo to fix the shoddy paint repair job. lots of paperwork though and pretty clean inside.

CatmanV2

Not having a pop at Highlander, but people have very different opinions about what makes a good colour match. That looks like a **** of a lot of car for the money.

C

Andyk

Not having a pop at Highlander, but people have very different opinions about what makes a good colour match. That looks like a **** of a lot of car for the money.

C

Agree, you can get a none Cat car for 114/15k so the gap isn't enough. No matter what has happened to make it a Cat car it still i and such should have a bigger gap between in at a non cat car.

highlander

C
totally agree it is potentially alot of bang for little buck. (no pop taken ;)) I should have put more detail in though. the fos bumper looked like it has been painted in the wind and the cat c/d repair on the nsf is not matched in and has paint drips/runs on it.........all in all, looks like a home job. drove really well though and shifted through the gears fine. interior looked as good as the low miles suggested it should oh and front badge was missing. no inspection done and only warning light showing was airbag, which after looking through the paperwork seems to have been a running problem at a few services.
the cat reason was damage to nsf door and nsf wing.
if I had been going the QP route I would have seriously considered this but would have wanted another little off post any successful inspection due to it being a cat. reckon 1- 1.5k at a good body repairer would have fixed the front of the car so it did not stand out as repaired.
edit. just remembered there was some light noise from the wheels which the sales guy reckoned might have been bushes? but as said, I did not get it inspected so can't be sure.

Parisien

Bad...??!!!....on a high end car....possibly the worst thing to have done....needs gone over with toothcomb....or a money pit

P

allandwf

The "old rule" used to be 25% for Cat D, and 30% for Cat C. These do seem to be shrinking as more people realise a well repaired Cat car can offer excellent value, buy low sell low.