Professional Detail - Is it worth it?

EnzoMC

EnzoMC - what's your opinion on the folllowing please: How much would one be expected to pay?

The work required that we discussed/agreed to carry out on your Maserati was Paint Correction. This included the removal of multiple scratches highlighted on the boot lid area, improvement of the 'road rash' areas upon the front of the vehicle & side sills (touch ups where necessary). You also mentioned you would be replacing the side sill protection pieces.
Further to the above mentioned corrections, we also discussed the likelihood of many more light marks, scratches & holograms that would appear when under the correct workshop lighting equipment.

The process which that we carry out would be as follows:
Stage 1: Pre-soak of the exterior including Tar removal & Bilberry Juice for the Alloy Wheels.
Stage 2: Snow-Foam applied to the Vehicle & allowed to soak for approx 10 minutes.
Stage 3: Following Stage 2, a hand wash using a traditional 2 bucket detailers technique, using a lambswool mitt & detailing brushes for smaller areas (as seen in your attached video)
Stage 4: Low pressure rinse of remaining soap upon the vehicle.
Stage 5: Drying of the Vehicle using a detailers technique whereby a large soft micro fibre towel is placed on the paint surface & dabbed by hand before being pulled away (also seen in the video)
Stage 6: Inspection of the Paint surface using a 'Sun light' to investigate marks, scratches & holograms.
Stage 7: Each panel worked with a compound in order to remove the surface scratches.
Stage 8: Multi Stage Polishing to restore paint colour & depth.
Stage 9: Application of high quality Carnauba Wax to protect the correction work.
Stage 10: Inspection of each individual panel.

its depends on many factors and what stage 8 entails? enhancment or correction. each detailer has different overheads and products used, eg if large over heads and using top end products like Zymol £2k wax it could be about £500-£1,000 (correction), obvious lower the quality of products or no overheads you may get it between £150-£500, but this could be an enhancement or correction detail.

PM me if you want to discuss costs ?

zoros

Banned
its depends on many factors and what stage 8 entails? enhancment or correction. each detailer has different overheads and products used, eg if large over heads and using top end products like Zymol £2k wax it could be about £500-£1,000 (correction), obvious lower the quality of products or no overheads you may get it between £150-£500, but this could be an enhancement or correction detail.

PM me if you want to discuss costs ?

Thanks Enzo - I'll PM you.

Petbri

Just had mine done and it is STUNNING.... worth the money...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Do you have a garage or is she kept on the drive? I am about to get a cover for mine as her black paint seems to summon seagulls from miles around to dump noxious white paint burning ***t all over her. I hear them calling their mates to join in the fun, and then I'm sure I hear then laughing as I rush out with the detailing fluid and cloth.

We are going on holiday for a couple of weeks and know I won't be able to relax on the beach if she is left naked and exposed on the drive.

Contigo

Sponsor
Wouldn't recognise that as Ian's car simply because it has never looked like this since he's had it! Wow!!! :D

Ian you need to enter the show and shine at DMC meet. You want me to put it in? Can you keep it clean until then? :D

Ian3200

Hi Petbri, I have a lock up near home, so it's tucked up only gathering dust until I take it out again Friday or Saturday when I go to Dunsfold to take people on Dream Rides with the Sporting Bears at the Supercar event, looking forward to that!

And Phil, I won't have a chance to clean it as I'm in Salisbury all day the day before and staying over... It wouldn't compete with people who spend the time on their cars that you know I wouldn't ;-) would like to be there, but just might not be able to make it... We'll see...

Thank you John, and c4sman

Ian3200

Sorry Enzo, I don't know, but will ask when I see him again on Friday... Will do my best to remember ;-)

Ian3200

looks very nice, showing a great reflection, what top coat was applied

The final wax after the cutting and finishing applied was Swissvax Best of Show, followed by a final wipe down using Meguairs Last touch detailer spray.

EnzoMC

The final wax after the cutting and finishing applied was Swissvax Best of Show, followed by a final wipe down using Meguairs Last touch detailer spray.

Best of Show gives a great wet finish, one of the top waxes in that price band, only thing I wished the protection side lasted longer. Last touch is just used to clean up any fingr prints, smudges ect.. also good stuff

the car looks great.... the finish will last a long time, just remember when doing up kept.... straight lines..... :)

stevo

My car goes in on Tuesday 7th for detailing and new GTech application. Will post before and after plus details when I know as it is all a mystery to me but the results are awesome. 3 days without car so will be weekend when I upload pics and give my opinion (for hat it is worth) on whether it is worth the money.