Maserati GranTurismo S

Needamaser

Is it only me that thinks it's a bit much that every Bowker post seems to be turning into an advert? If I've got it wrong then I apologise but it certainly seems to be the case more and more recently.

Scotty stated his was the cheapest car on the market and Gary at Bowker highlighted the fact that this may not be the case.
I have never spoken to Gary but he comes across as an enthusiast in much the same way Richard Grace does and both are sponsors.
Surely the Maserati world needs enthusiasts like that? People on here have complained about dealers not connecting with enthusiasts and it would seem a pity to knock one who is clearly keen to promote the brand especially as a "new kid on the block"?

Out of curiosity I had a look at Bowker's website (sadly I am not in the market for a GTS) and they are advertising an 11 plate with low miles for approx. £62k.
Using BigBob's figures for a service and a warranty for Scotty's car added to the asking price and there is little between the cars £££ wise.
Given the criticism of dealers with big mark-ups etc I don't think it is unreasonable for a dealer to blow their trumpet to counter these comments when appropriate but maybe I am just thick skinned. :)

Good luck to both for sale of their cars anyway.

sjc

Scotty stated his was the cheapest car on the market and Gary at Bowker highlighted the fact that this may not be the case.
I have never spoken to Gary but he comes across as an enthusiast in much the same way Richard Grace does and both are sponsors.
Surely the Maserati world needs enthusiasts like that? People on here have complained about dealers not connecting with enthusiasts and it would seem a pity to knock one who is clearly keen to promote the brand especially as a "new kid on the block"?

Out of curiosity I had a look at Bowker's website (sadly I am not in the market for a GTS) and they are advertising an 11 plate with low miles for approx. £62k.
Using BigBob's figures for a service and a warranty for Scotty's car added to the asking price and there is little between the cars £££ wise.
Given the criticism of dealers with big mark-ups etc I don't think it is unreasonable for a dealer to blow their trumpet to counter these comments when appropriate but maybe I am just thick skinned. :)

Can't disagree with much of that, only to say that it's way over the point I was making.
Gary has been very helpful to the forum, but maybe a PM to the seller may have been more prudent possibly,rather than appearing to promote how cheap his cars were.
I apologised in advance in my initial post, in case I was in the minority.

Scotty

To be honest I didn't put the car on here to discuss price, more to give the opportunity for any potential owners to ask the current owner questions. However, I did make a statement that it was the cheapest 60 plate for sale which Gary kindly corrected me on, what I should have said was it is the cheapest like for like car (mileage/age/condition). I do have a problem with the way he went about it though as his statement that he sold 2 cars (10 & 60 plate) for a lot less had no real substance to back it up. Yes he said fully spec'd (most over used phrase by car salesmen) but what was the actual spec? No mention of mileage which is a major factor in exotic cars and like I said I'm sure they were both 30k+. And finally my interpretation of "a lot less" is different to everybody else's....

I actually think I had dealings with Gary when I was looking at their Stradale last summer (just before they became official dealers) and he was, as mentioned, a genuine good guy and very enthusiastic about the brand. He did not push the sale nor was he totally distance (even when I showed up in the GF's Civic) so I had a lot of respect for him and the fact that Bowker support this forum is only a good thing. I would encourage him to respond to the above queries so people can make a fair judgement on the price of my car rather than making a sweeping statement to plant the seed that my car is overpriced.

As for Needamaser's comment about not being much difference between my car and their 11 plate for approx £62k then I would have to disagree (I would have to though wouldn't I :firing7:). As both cars will need the 4year service then you can't really include that in the equation so really the only difference is the warranty (there is warranty already factored into the price by the way). Once this is applied then you still have the back-up of buying through a dealer (albeit not official) and the safety net of warranty if anything was to go wrong. As I have said all along, there is room for movement so if there is anybody genuinely interested then I would encourage you to get in touch.

P.s. I would hold off and wait till you are in the position for a GTS - definitely worth the extra coin IMO.

Bowker Maserati

I have tried to give people different opinions and options on the Maserati range, and from a main dealer point of view.
I do believe this is the idea of a forum.
Regarding anyone wishing to buy any car then "you pays your money and makes your choice".
If any of my post have offended or upset anyone then i apologies......
Gary

sjc

I have tried to give people different opinions and options on the Maserati range, and from a main dealer point of view.
I do believe this is the idea of a forum.
Regarding anyone wishing to buy any car then "you pays your money and makes your choice".
If any of my post have offended or upset anyone then i apologies......
Gary
I'm sure you haven't offended anyone Gary,it was only an observation!

Andyk

Every ones input is welcome...Gary you're input on here is valued as is others ....... So carry on....Scotty, still want your car..What you looking to get into next mate....You're on Cutters so I take it you had some kind of M3 at one stage...

bigbob

Good banter here. At the end of the day Scotty's car is cheaper and that might be enough for some punters who do not want or cannot afford a newer car/warranty/paint job/full service etc etc. Also it's colour scheme is different which also might be sufficient.

Woody

I cant comment on the price but the spec is superb. Would be right up my alley if I was looking. And for reference, I too would rather do the service/warranty myself, or at the least have the option.

As said, you pays your money and take your choice.

GLWTS.

Scotty

Every ones input is welcome...Gary you're input on here is valued as is others ....... So carry on....Scotty, still want your car..What you looking to get into next mate....You're on Cutters so I take it you had some kind of M3 at one stage...

Well you know it is for sale Andy, so I'd happily sell it to you. Yes I had an E92 M3 before the GTS and I'm looking at getting an E46 M3 this time to free up a bit of cash so I can double the size of my house. Needs must unfortunately.

Woody said:
I cant comment on the price but the spec is superb. Would be right up my alley if I was looking. And for reference, I too would rather do the service/warranty myself, or at the least have the option.

As said, you pays your money and take your choice.

GLWTS.

Thanks Woody, as you said the option is there for the new owner to make the decision.

FF1078 said:
Bloody gorgeous
That would be right up my street if it wasn't so far north!!

Thanks, ADA Motors will deliver this anywhere in the UK if that helps. :thumb3:

Andyk

Scotty, if only the funds allowed.....

E46 M3 for me is the best performance car you can buy for under 10k......In fact I can not think of another everyday 4 seater performance car that gives you so much for the money Scotty.....They look great still, pretty fast, handle well.....and you get get the family in them...Perfect........Plus 6/7k gets a good one...

FF1078

Would they take a 2010 TDV8 Range Rover Sport in part ex Scotty?
It's in great condition with FLRSH and 50000 miles

Scotty

Would they take a 2010 TDV8 Range Rover Sport in part ex Scotty?
It's in great condition with FLRSH and 50000 miles

You would need to speak to them direct but I'm pretty sure they would as they already have Range Rover Sports in stock.

Scotty

Scotty, if only the funds allowed.....

E46 M3 for me is the best performance car you can buy for under 10k......In fact I can not think of another everyday 4 seater performance car that gives you so much for the money Scotty.....They look great still, pretty fast, handle well.....and you get get the family in them...Perfect........Plus 6/7k gets a good one...

I would agree 100% with you on that hence why I'm looking at them. Can't think what would come close to matching it for £10k?

sjc

I would agree 100% with you on that hence why I'm looking at them. Can't think what would come close to matching it for £10k?
A Monaro VXR with a couple of choice mods from Monkfish will give you all the four seater fun you'd want for that money.

Andyk

A Monaro VXR with a couple of choice mods from Monkfish will give you all the four seater fun you'd want for that money.

Can you get a VXR for 6/7k...Thought they were still over 10k..........An acquired taste as well....

sjc

I thought he was talking circa 10 grand, but 8K ish will get you a big boot model,2004 ish.
Not sure what the acquired taste is,it's a rear drive nice sounding V8 coupe with four proper seats, enough kit and a big boot.It's not the last thing in finess but for fun, I'd have one over a M3 of that vintage every day of the week and twice on sundays!

Andyk

I like them but a bit well...ugly to be honest..... and its a Vauxhall ......If it was the latter 4 door one I would be a bit more interested I like the look of those.........Put Holden badges on it and I think I would feel better about owning one as well.......Plus the interior isn't the best and a bit too much cheap plastic.....bloody good old fashion muscle car drive though........The M3 is the perfect size car for everyday use and throwing in the bends the Vauxhall is that much bigger and a different sort of drive to the M3.....

Saying all that SJC I liked the one with the nostrils.....Lots of miles but I would imagine the car can take that and this looks like a lot of V8 for 8 grand.....

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...ervice-history-2005/2041067?isexperiment=true