Black GS eBay

safrane

Had my reply as well...Are you planning an inspection? Would be a waste to repeat the task.

Team GCR

Had my reply as well...Are you planning an inspection? Would be a waste to repeat the task.

I think that will depend on what the car is like in the metal but probably not if the condition and history check out and if it drives as it should.

safrane

Let me know if its a dog and you dont proceed...I would hate to waste a day going up to see it if it was still for sale at the end of the week.

Andyk

Noticed that yesterday as well....Do we know this car as I think I've seen the number plate before...

outrun

I don't agree that the colour is difficult. It doesn't photograph well but looks great in the flesh, properly prepared. It was a reservation I had but seeing with my own eyes changed that. I'd say that bright colours such as red are more difficult for most.

Woody

I don't agree that the colour is difficult. It doesn't photograph well but looks great in the flesh, properly prepared. It was a reservation I had but seeing with my own eyes changed that. I'd say that bright colours such as red are more difficult for most.
I agree with that. When looking, I really didn't fancy a Grigio Touring GS, but every time I see one, I think they look superb.

safrane

My claim re difficult colour reflects nkt just my view but also those I have spoken to in the trade.
yes colour is subjective and subject to changing taste...I dont like moder white but plenty do including the trade...five years back it was just for Police cars.

Team GCR

Right been to see it.

The good points are

The service history checks out
Clutch wear was at 24% 3000 miles ago
As we already know the black car with magnolia and the black tech cloth actually works really well

The bad points are

The passenger seat is more than just a stain, the seller tried to remove it using a heat gun and melted the tech cloth
The leather on the seats needs connolising
It needs two new tyres
The lacquer on the carbon real lip spoiler is delaminating
The windows do not align properly when the windows are closed
As a result of the above the carpets are wet
It has cheap (under£400) 'sport' back boxes with no valves that frankly sound little different from standard
Paint is very swirly in places, next doors cat has been on it and scratched the paintwork and their are areas of orange peel so it would need a paint correction detail
The tax expired 28/02/2014
It is due a service next month
There are a few other little bits and bobs but nothing that would be a deal breaker at the right price

It IS a pretty car and bought cheaply enough I am sure it could be brought up to scratch. My friend will make a bid but it will be low and I doubt the seller will accept.

Any other questions please ask.

Robin

CatmanV2

Hmm, that's quite a list. You're probably looking at £3k to fix that lot, and I'm not sure about fixing the cloth....

C

Contigo

Sponsor
The wet carpets would be my main concern followed by service and lack of it. I don't see the point in buying it when you could pay 3k more and have a well sorted one.

Hopefully the bid will be accepted and someone will get a cheap car to fix up. 18k would be a fair bid.