Wheel Alignment Settings 3200AC

StuartW

Afternoon everyone
I'm going to get a 4 wheel alignment done on my AC, just to tighten it up a little but wanted to ask about the specific settings.
I have the settings for the 3200, see below in case you need them, but does anyone know if the Assetto Corsa specs are any different from the standard 3200 specs?

Front alignment specs:
Toe in 0.7 - 0.2 mm Camber -30' - +10' Incidence 4 deg 30' - 10'
Rear alignment specs:
Toe in 2.0 - 0.2 mm Camber. -1 deg - 10'

Many thanks and I hope you're all staying safe in this latest filthy storm to batter us

alfatwo

Stu..

I had my old 3200GT suspension geo set up at Rob Grimaldi's just before Christmas, a transformation....It wasn't the usual set up though!

Dave

Almichie

Stu..

I had my old 3200GT suspension geo set up at Rob Grimaldi's just before Christmas, a transformation....It wasn't the usual set up though!

Dave

Be nice to discover the settings, but I guess that would mean less business for him; what was the cost (if you don't mind me asking).

Danny

Stuart, I would be very interested to hear your findings as my AC is due for an alignment check as well. Please report back on the forum after you have found something. Tx!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Stu..

Dave

That's good to hear, Dave. I didn't know Rob had the necessary over there. As per Almichie's post, it would be good to know how much he charges (I suppose I could always call him and ask, of course!)

StuartW

Stu..

Dave

Yes Dave, I'm sure it is - the suspension with these cars is absolutely key which is one of the factors that attracted me to the AC in the first place with it's revised set up. As you know, I bought mine from David Askew and he said with all of experience that this AC is easily the quickest 3200 he has ever driven due in no small part to the handling.
I don't honestly know how far, if at all mine is out of line but I just think it is something that should be checked periodically on any car, especially with the shocking conditions of our roads!

StuartW

Stuart, I would be very interested to hear your findings as my AC is due for an alignment check as well. Please report back on the forum after you have found something. Tx!

I shall let you know in a couple of weeks when I have it done

Emtee

If I recall correctly the Hunter alignment kit has a massive database of settings. Maybe phone your nearest centre and quiz them? Certainly had the settings for my Exxy, though I had them adapted to suite my wheels and suspension.

StuartW

If I recall correctly the Hunter alignment kit has a massive database of settings. Maybe phone your nearest centre and quiz them? Certainly had the settings for my Exxy, though I had them adapted to suite my wheels and suspension.

Thanks Miles, I'll check them out

alfatwo

That's good to hear, Dave. I didn't know Rob had the necessary over there. As per Almichie's post, it would be good to know how much he charges (I suppose I could always call him and ask, of course!)

He did a lot of development work on a racing 3200 in his younger days so he explained,the settings he used on my 3200 were simlar,ride height adjustment too!

It was around £400 with parts and Vat...

Now I'm just waiting for my new uprated front antiroll bar to complete the package!

Dave

CatmanV2

Certainly it has *a* set for the 4200. I'm not sure they're optimum, however.

C

Rex B

Hi

The improved setting that have been used were listed of the MF forum and were used by Nigelo and set up by Grimaldi's. The settings used were the Maserati settings for Toe in and castor but more negative camber was introduced, the negative camber was increase to - 1 degree 04' minutes at the front and -1 degree 42' at the rear. I have no experience of these but if Dave's car was set to this spec then it would appear to be a great improvement.

Rex B

Manual 3200

alfatwo

Hi

The improved setting that have been used were listed of the MF forum and were used by Nigelo and set up by Grimaldi's. The settings used were the Maserati settings for Toe in and castor but more negative camber was introduced, the negative camber was increase to - 1 degree 04' minutes at the front and -1 degree 42' at the rear. I have no experience of these but if Dave's car was set to this spec then it would appear to be a great improvement.

Rex B

Manual 3200

There's also more castor on the front than normal,seems lots more stable at 120 plus....

Dave

StuartW

For any AC owners interested, I have had it confirmed by a couple of main dealer that the alignment settings are the same for the AC as the standard 3200. Some dealers wouldn't tell me as it does them out of a job, despite the fact that I am several hundred miles away from them, they can be a charming lot!

Mine is booked in locally next week so I will find out if it was far out from these settings

StuartW

My car is back from being aligned and it already feels considerably better. it plants itself much better under acceleration, especially when cornering and gives a much more positive and confident feeling back through the steering wheel. I guess it's no surprise as it was a long way out.
HR Owen kindly gave me the correct settings specific to the AC which are as follows:
Front:
Toe in 1.5 / 0.5 mm Camber -30' / +10' Incidence 4 deg 30' / 15'
Rear:
Toe in 4.0 / 0.5 mm Camber -1 deg 30' / 10'

hodroyd

Excellent Stuart, thanks for that..!! As far as I remember the gearing was different on the AC rack and the suspension was lower anyway..!!

bigbob

The official bumf said a "modified steering rack for a more responsive feel". Not sure what it involved though.

Thanks. I remember driving an AC round Goodwood having turned up in my 3200 on a Maserati sales day thingy and felt it was pretty direct.