The Best of YouTube..... or other video sites..

Oneball

15 minute video not a chance, skipped most of the waffle just to see the cars

Most of his videos I can cope with about 30 secs. How many times do you need to see a doughnut? I’ve tried to watch drifting as it seems to have a massive following with the youth. But I just get bored.

Lozzer

Now if they did pieces like this on the ITV/Border news for "Cumbria and Southwest Scotland" I might actually watch it! ;)

Last edited:

Wack61

I read the original bollards were 5ft high but removed most car mirrors so they cut them down , once you get past a certain point you can't see them , the dropped kerb means you can't tell if you're still on the road then there's a ramp that puts you straight into the bollard

A truly awful design

Oneball

That’s not Cambridge is it? Got stuck in a transit there once as although the width restriction said 6’6” the sign overlapped the road and was more like 5’6”.

midlifecrisis

The depressing fact that stupidity given a forum...Grown men thinking that the earth is flat...

Meanwhile David Mitchell has a great name for them...'Idiots'

MarkMas

Chief pedant
The depressing fact that stupidity given a forum...Grown men thinking that the earth is flat...

Meanwhile David Mitchell has a great name for them...'Idiots'

This sort of nonsense seems to be driven by prioritising personal experience over scientific or governmental authority.

To the subjective observer, who is familiar with every-day objects like tables and marbles, the world is self-evidently flat - you walk along a flat surface, you don't fall off; you have a glass of water, the surface is flat, not curved, etc. Once you have made this your defining knowledge, then anything you are told about gravity, aeroplanes, space, etc sounds like a trick.

Ditto, the moon landings (it's too far away), 9-11 (I saw an explosion on TV), climate change (it was cold yesterday), etc.

But it does raise interesting (?) questions about how we know things. Why do we believe some of what we are told and not others?

It also may be the psychological rewards of being in a cult of any kind. It seems that humans are designed to prefer group conformity over individualism (in a tribe it is more important for survival to paint yourself blue, to show you are part of the tribe, than to say, 'what's all this nonsense about painting ourselves blue?' - this is one reason I only lasted 3 years at Barclays.) For some people, it feels better to be closely-aligned with a small tribe of nutters, than to be lost in the general mainstream.

(Although I suspect 50% of the flat earthers are just having a laugh.)

midlifecrisis

It also may be the psychological rewards of being in a cult of any kind. It seems that humans are designed to prefer group conformity over individualism (in a tribe it is more important for survival to paint yourself blue, to show you are part of the tribe, than to say, 'what's all this nonsense about painting ourselves blue?' - this is one reason I only lasted 3 years at Barclays.) For some people, it feels better to be closely-aligned with a small tribe of nutters, than to be lost in the general mainstream.

(Although I suspect 50% of the flat earthers are just having a laugh.)
That can apply to Maserati ownership...