The Best of YouTube..... or other video sites..

midlifecrisis

That's so wrong!

There's no way would you free-climb that in the UK or even 1768feet above the uk. No hand holds at the base of the antenna, no place to put your lanyard at the top very top.

And I hope for their sake they've change the Obstruction Beacon to LED!

I'm surprised that he went up with lightning in the vicinty. Too much bravado for me.

TridentTested

POsted this before but worth a watch......YOu would not get me going 4 runs off the ground let alone to the top.....When he gets to the top if makes my stomach go funny just looking at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU7WyuC8Hy8

I've done a fair bit of rock-climbing and mountaineering in the Alps over the years but even so this left me with sweaty palms. Climbing at height is not really difficult - in the climbing world it's called 'exposure' - you have to rationalise that if you let go on a 30' crag, or a 3,000' face, the resulting splat will be pretty similar.

What really scares me about this guy is his pack swinging below on a tether. It must bounce and catch at awkward times, pulling him off balance. That's scary.

jluis

That's so wrong!

There's no way would you free-climb that in the UK or even 1768feet above the uk. No hand holds at the base of the antenna, no place to put your lanyard at the top very top.

And I hope for their sake they've change the Obstruction Beacon to LED!

I'm surprised that he went up with lightning in the vicinty. Too much bravado for me.

There wasn't lightning when he started to climb :)

midlifecrisis

Haha, why do cars try to get one over bikes like that? Glad to see the boy in the car too powerful for him get his comeuppance.

Btw that's the M6/A556 roundabout and there's a speed camera just up from the BP garage.

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Blimey - makes me want to do the Ring even less. At least it appeared the driver was out of the car.

conaero

Forum Owner
Hum that was pretty nasty, foget the state of the car, his pants would have been a write off!

Contigo

Sponsor
consider this too!

Cost of an accident at the Nurburgring:

* Base fee for attendance of armco truck: €150
* Removing damaged armco: €10/metre (x2 or x3 or x4 for multiple-height sections)
* Replacement armco: €31/metre (x2 or x3 for double/triple height)
* Removing damaged armco posts: €5.10 each
* Replacing armco post: €39 each
* Safety car attendance: €82 per 30 mins (car + 2 people)
* Circuit closure: €1,350 per hour
* Recovery truck: €190 (inc VAT)
* Hospital stay & air ambulance:

Everything except the recovery truck is then subject to 19% VAT.

hoyin

I actually thought it was more than that. I thought circuit closure was a lot more than €1,350 an hour. I thought it was more like 10x that!

c4sman

Liking this

[video=youtube;KHgD0wJGcR0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHgD0wJGcR0[/video]