Bruntingthorpe On Your Marks 2014

Andyk

All, its that time of year again..........This years event in on the 9th August and John has asked if we want a Maserati gate at the event again this year.......

For anyone who doesn't know the event it's an event run every year by ASDA .... Its a massive charity event which last year raised 24k for charity.....

The event is amazing with the main event being passeger rides in supercars around the track.......We get a load of clubs who turn up every year....Some of the cars we get on track...Ferrari, Lotus, Lambo, Viper, GTR, Skylines, Atoms, Caterhams, Subaru to name a few......

Also there are air displays, Kev Swift stunts in his Mini, fair ground, rally course with passenger rides, you can drive a bus or artic around the track, ASDA driver of the year competition and more....

All you would need to do is turn up and give punters passenger rides for charity...So its a FREE track day for anyone wanting to take part...Plus a great family day out..........

The day is by invitation only and that includes entry......It is a great day out as any one who went last year will tell you....

Just add your name to the list if interested......

Here are some pictures from last year for those who didn't go or are new to the event....

Attachments

• image 1.jpg
    image 1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 326
  • DSC_0141.jpg
    DSC_0141.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 35
  • image11.jpg
    image11.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_567955.jpg
    IMG_567955.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 35
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 322
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0146.jpg
    DSC_0146.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0128 1.jpg
    DSC_0128 1.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 321
  • Alex%2001.jpg
    Alex%2001.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 320
  • ZN.jpg
    ZN.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 31
  • ZL.jpg
    ZL.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 37
  • ZI.jpg
    ZI.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 32
  • ZD.jpg
    ZD.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 34
  • ZB.jpg
    ZB.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 33
  • T.jpg
    T.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Brunty GT R.jpg
    Brunty GT R.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 31
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 33

MAF260

1. AndyK
2. Drewf
3. Chrisbassett
4. 2B1ASK1 Newton
5. CatmanV2 + Mrs Catman for marshaling duties
6. MAF260 (I will be keeping away from GTR drivers this year!)

Contigo

Sponsor
1. AndyK
2. Drewf
3. Chrisbassett
4. 2B1ASK1 Newton
7. Contigo

Andyk

1. AndyK
2. Drewf
3. Chrisbassett
4. 2B1ASK1 Newton

You may struggle with that one MAF my friend as this year our gates are nect to each other :)

fcz360

Sparky
im in...but not for the first hour until its clean!!

1. AndyK
2. Drewf
3. Chrisbassett
4. 2B1ASK1 Newton
7. Contigo
8. FCZ360

zagatoes30

Count me in, but as above once the sweepers have been out

1. AndyK
2. Drewf
3. Chrisbassett
4. 2B1ASK1 Newton
7. Contigo
8. FCZ360
9. Zagatoes30

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
If I'm not working I'll come along. It's too early to tell at the moment, so put me down as a possible. Thanks.

Emtee

Are there any assurances regarding track loading and the brake area ahead of the corner on the main straight? If not I'll sadly pass, as it's a serious accident waiting to happen.

Ambient69

Count me in, but as above once the sweepers, then FCZ360, and Zagatoes30 have been out

1. AndyK
2. Drewf
3. Chrisbassett
4. 2B1ASK1 Newton
7. Contigo
8. FCZ360
9. Zagatoes30
10. Ambient69

MAF260

You may struggle with that one MAF my friend as this year our gates are nect to each other :)
Maybe they'd better keep away from me, then!
Are we going to be closer to the beginning of the gates this year?

MAF260

1. AndyK
2. Drewf
3. Chrisbassett
4. 2B1ASK1 Newton
7. Contigo
8. FCZ360
9. Zagatoes30
10. Ambient69
11. Adrian (C63 AMG)

Andyk

Adrians coming...Thats good mate I though after needed new tyres and brakes he was just going to give 2k to the charity ;-) .....See he had soo much fun he couldn't resist it...

zagatoes30

Bruntingthorpe can be a car killer, gravel rash, tyres and brakes - a lot depends on how the event is organised I have done good ones there but have walked away from bad ones due to the nature of both the track and the aggression of some drivers.

Being a member of the Sporting Bears I love using the cars for charitable purposes but only if the conditions are correct.

MAF260

Adrians coming...Thats good mate I though after needed new tyres and brakes he was just going to give 2k to the charity ;-) .....See he had soo much fun he couldn't resist it...
He was tempted to write a cheque this year! 4 new tyres, new discs and pads all round, not cheap! However, he said he was grinning for a week afterwards so can't wait to do it again. This year will be 3 laps at a time before coming in to cool down.

Chrisbassett

This year will be 3 laps at a time before coming in to cool down.

Is that adrians own rule or a general one for this year? If general, I like it for us, but fewer punters = less money.

If his own rule then I understand, it's harsh on the cars, all that stop-start, kinda like city driving at 140mph...

MAF260

Is that adrians own rule or a general one for this year? If general, I like it for us, but fewer punters = less money.

If his own rule then I understand, it's harsh on the cars, all that stop-start, kinda like city driving at 140mph...
Adrian's rule for himself. His car was so popular last year that he was out almost constantly. Whilst he really enjoyed the driving and was keen to not turn anyone away, it took its toll on his car and pocket - about £2k of repairs from memory!