Wheels - 19s vs. 20s

Jke11y

As I am looking to buy at the lowest end of the price spectrum, there are some cars in-budget that have the 19s.

I see quite a few Granturismos around of all specs (I work in Chelsea) and I prefer the look of the 19s; am I alone in this or is it a much-covered topic? Not sure that the resale market will agree with me, but if the car is cheaper in the first place then I sell it on for less...

bigbob

Once the cars get older I don't feel it matters. There are three designs of 20" wheels and one of 19". The 20" have 35 profile tyres and the 19" have 40 profile so they might be more forgiving over city streets.

The 19" was standard on the 4.2 but very few 4.2 engined cars were sold after the 4.7 came out - late 2008 for the MC and mid 2009 for the auto. The 4.7 has 20" wheels as standard and many 4.2 owners upgraded so you don't see that many 19" wheels at all.

Jke11y

I've noticed you mention this in a few posts that I have been reading back from the last 12 months are so; the 4.2 vs 4.7.

I agree that whilst the cars were £75k+ it would have been mad to have opted for a 4.2 but now they are massively cheaper the difference between a 4.2 and a 4.7 is proportionally a lot more? 10k on a car at 80k is a lot less than the current 10k on a car 35k vs 45k...

bigbob

Agree with you. It's partially down to age but even like for like on age, the 4.7 is a lot more, irrespective of it's gearbox.