Dick Lovett now have a Ghibli

kin

Thanks bigbob, yes the diesel.

I previously had a GTS so this is like a complete reversal. It is so comfortable and relaxing to drive and I love just majestically cruising along.

Yes I would have liked a Ghibli S but apart from being 15k more, I would be back into an adrenalin rush and the Ghibli doesn't ride like a sports car. I would have rather kept the GTS.

Very happy with purchase.

Things I would have changed if I had made the spec and not bought stock car, but I was too impatient!

Colour is beautiful BUT you can watch the dust settle five minutes after cleaning so I possibly may have gone for silver.
Skyhook suspension for me is waste of time as I always want a soft ride in the diesel.
Carbon fibre trim is very expensive but glad I have it as I hate the wood effect.
Wish I had keyless entry and rear camera, well worth the cost. (oddly the boot is keyless entry)
Hi Richard, do you mind if I ask how does the diesel sound? Is it as good as the makers claimed?

richardstrudwick

An interesting question.

Having part ex the GTS then there is no sound. However when you start to forget the GTS sound then you can learn the appreciate the Ghibli.

The Sport button creates a deep bass sound which you only slightly hear when in the car. You really hear it when outside and the car drives off away from you, then it sounds like a big bore petrol engine and sounds nothing like a diesel at all.

safrane

So considering the above; is it there to enhance the drivers experience or entertain (fool) the public who see and hear a Maserati as it should be?

richardstrudwick

So considering the above; is it there to enhance the drivers experience or entertain (fool) the public who see and hear a Maserati as it should be?

I have taken a vote and it is agreed that it makes very little difference inside the car.

But it does do a good job of fooling the public :)