3200 Assetto Corsa Front Anti Roll Bar Remanufacture

alfatwo

As most of you know Asseto Corsa front bars are no longer available,at the time this was a great mod for the standard 3200's without doing anything else..

I've been doing some research and found a company that useing my drawings are willing to make a new batch

They come out at £402 including new mountings and brackets...there also prepered to do a discount,5+£30 off, 10+£48 off

If anyones interested please let me know, I've two orders at the moment, maybe a forum buy!

Oh, forgot to say in any colour you like,more or less...

Dave

Last edited:

MUC3200GT

just for my curiosity, whats the differnce between the normal 386600351 and the race trim (AC) version 188716?

Last edited:

MUC3200GT

interesting are the prices quoted by Eurospares (and others) in databases: 102 for the race trim and 884 for the normal..

alfatwo

Eurospares don't have any either,also did a global dealer search a few months ago...They've all gone!

I now have 3 orders, the more the cheaper guys!

Dave

Last edited:

MUC3200GT

when the standards are already at 884, I would assume that maserati classiche would charge 1000+ for the AC parts

hodroyd

I am not sure, a lot of car manufacturers do special prices for older cars, it can't hurt to ask..!!

alfatwo

Its four now,anyone else..I won't be ordering till after the Christmas holidays anyway

Dave

EVOeng

Considering the Assetto Corsa roll bar measured 23mm from the standard 22mm, there may be a more noticeable difference with the 25mm bar. Do you have a link?

alfatwo

Yeah, the guys have made one or two larger front bars for the 3200 and road tested them...we decided upon the larger 25mm version working on the roll stiffness of the standard springs rates...They work very nicely!

Like I said before at the begining of the thread,there £402 including Vat and fixings plus discounts for more than 5+

Dave

Last edited:

MUC3200GT

Yeah, the guys have made one or two larger front bars for the 3200 and road tested them...we decided upon the larger 25mm version working on the roll stiffness of the standard springs rates...They work very nicely!

So this means the bar is not just made after drawings, but already fitted and tested (thsi was one thing i was wondering whether its somehow guaranteed that it will fit (and not too short or so).

From another thread about anti roll bars a understood that ratio in size increase has a stabiliyt impact of the 4th power so +1mm should be +20% and +3 mm +60% stability.

Dave, is there a way that it ships to Germany ?

regards
Jörg

alfatwo

So this means the bar is not just made after drawings, but already fitted and tested (thsi was one thing i was wondering whether its somehow guaranteed that it will fit (and not too short or so).

From another thread about anti roll bars a understood that ratio in size increase has a stabiliyt impact of the 4th power so +1mm should be +20% and +3 mm +60% stability.

Dave, is there a way that it ships to Germany ?

regards
Jörg

Hi Jorg
The first one due to larger diametre on the bends was slightly too long and rubbed on the tyre on full lock,but after a bit of a redesign everythings now perfect.

They tried 22.5mm but it wasn't stiff enough...

I'm trying to get together a group buy so they'll be cheaper,there's three at the moment,sending to Germany is no problem

Dave

Last edited:

MUC3200GT

Hi Dave

After a bit of reasoning I am wondering wether shipping to Germany is really that simple, due to the size/format of the bar and what would be the cost?. I would asssume one need a box/ wrapping of size 150*60*20 or so. For this size I have no experience how this ships at all. Typically 120 cm is a limit. Or do you have any experience how this could be done? (time would not be a problem)

Regards

Jörg

Last edited:

MUC3200GT

.. I ve just seen that from http://www.worldwide-parcelservices.co.uk/ one gets a quote from UPS, which allows for this size also at a very good rate. So it should be not a principle problem. But if you could find out already now the real shipping cost this would be nice (I guessed the size and weight)

Last edited:

hodroyd

We ship stuff all over the world, this would not be a problem, just need a good freight forwarder, or if you want it fast, a courier if they handle that length.

MUC3200GT

yep, nowadays shipping is possible all over the world, I got recently a delivery from Argentina to Germany in 3 days, at 25 pounds or so. The problem is only the price (in principle one can ship a whole car on board a passanger plane around the world if budget allows this.

So sometimes there are some points that make shipping prices jump extremely , e.g size below 120cm to above 120, 10 Kg to 10.5kg etc. I have seen jumps in prives form 30 pounds to above 120 pound due to that and therefore I would like to have this clarified in advance as for me it looks that anti roll bar might be critcial in size and maybe also in weight (time would not be critical for me).
If this is sorted I could make also some advertisement in the german maserati forum and link interested owners to here ....recently there was also a talk what is the difference AC to normal...

alfatwo

Jorg
Ive just been on them,Its around £40 to ship one to Germany,hope this helps

Dave