GS anyone?

lawco

Thanks for the advice re. the dash top. Hopefully the sun will come out tomorrow afternoon! I am leaning towards the grey car anyway, the high miles bother me a bit - not that I think it may cause problems but once I get past 100k I think it might be more difficult to sell on. This guy has had it up for sale for some time with no takers.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Personally, I'd go for the grey one too. Very classy with the Bordeaux interior. Nice car.

lawco

Personally, I'd go for the grey one too. Very classy with the Bordeaux interior. Nice car.

It is classy. I originally was set on anniversary blue with a light interior but I really like the look of this one now! I think the price is a little high for the age and miles though - I will see if a deal can be done....

Cheers

Lee

Andyk

Hi Dicky, one of those tougher requests on your list would be me I guess! I am going to look at a couple of Gransports tomorrow which are local to me;

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...ansport-limited-edition--full-leather/1795556 - looks very nice, a forum members car but might need to haggle a bit on price?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...iced-new-clutch-immaculate-condition/1150005# - my preferred colour combination but lots of miles, full Maserati service history though. I guess it is worth considering at the right price?

I will keep you posted.

Lee

Both cars are forum memebers...The blue one has been discussed many times on here. The chap who owns it never comes on here an more mind you but I do remember when he bought it a few years back as it had high miles then but was in great condition....Thats car is worth a look and inspection but would be a keeper as its hard to sell high miles Maserati...Its been for sale for ages and could be even cheaper with a bit of haggling.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
The grey car looks good if it's in good nick. Sounds like it's coming with a recent new clutch, full inspection report and a service at Autoficcina. That's about as good as it gets for a private sale. As far as price, it's not particularly cheap for the miles; but if all that's included in the price there's not much room for negotiation.

Phil H

The grey car looks good and is very nicely presented, but in comparison the black one at Sovereign has the later reg and will have a warranty so you takes yer pick and all that; although the latter may seem a bit on the high side I would guess there's room for negotiation and imho it will sell.

What do we think of this one then?

PH

dickygrace

Don't think he wants a black one Phil, or the one I have for sale would be an option. It's lower miles than the others, a year newer, already inspected and will come with a fresh service and 6 month warranty. I also have a little room for negotiation, and can do 12 months warranty if it's done within a week as there's an offer with my warranty provider before Hallowe'en. I'd say that's a cracking deal, but then, I would ;)

http://www.richardgracecars.co.uk/listing/maserati-gransport-le-8/

Phil H

Just trying to be objective Dicky, if I was buying I would certainly be visiting you as I find the lighter interior of your car more appealing, although I do have a penchant for red a la Nuvola's. Is it my imagination or are prices for good 3200/4200 series firming up?

PH

dickygrace

No problem whatsoever Phil, good 3200's and facelift 4200 prices are definitely firming up. The red one at Nuvola is sold although it's not been removed yet.

lawco

Thanks for all your input, very valuable as always. Needless to say the black one you have for sale would have already been on my drive a month ago Richard but I really don't like black cars - a personal taste thing I guess. I did fancy the Rosso one at Nuvola but he had sold it by the time I worked myself up to call him! I'm off to see both cars today, so will keep all your comments in mind.

Cheers,

Lee

Parisien

Don't think he wants a black one Phil, or the one I have for sale would be an option. It's lower miles than the others, a year newer, already inspected and will come with a fresh service and 6 month warranty. I also have a little room for negotiation, and can do 12 months warranty if it's done within a week as there's an offer with my warranty provider before Hallowe'en. I'd say that's a cracking deal, but then, I would ;)

http://www.richardgracecars.co.uk/listing/maserati-gransport-le-8/

Another gem Dicky.......your like a Victorian miner in S Africa uncovering all these delights!!!

P

anotherdom

May I introduce myself as the new owner of this car. Those that were discussing the price will be relieved to know the original screen price had been reduced. Sovereign also provided me with a fair p/x value on my Noble M12 GTO 3R, which made the deal very easy. The GS was beautifully presented, with correct full S/H. The last clutch reading in the history is 35% worn, circa 7k miles ago. I've budgeted for replacement, but no point pulling it until required.

A second young child meant the Noble was getting very little use. The rear seats in Astons and XKRs don't appear fit for purpose, and despite best efforts I couldn't get excited by 911s. The GS looks perfect for my requirements, and even my wife approves. May I publicly thank both Dicky Grace for sharing his wisdom, and DonnyMac for affording me an excellent viewing and extended test drive of his car. Were it not for my laziness I would have sold the Noble privately and bought his lovely example!

The car will be based in Surrey, and spend the occasional weekend in Suffolk. Very interested to meet other owners and take part in any runs - I'll keep an eye on the forum.

Dom.

hodroyd

Hi Dom,
A warm welcome to the forum, do want want to make the next meet which is the Forum Christmas Party in Milton Keynes..??
Cheers
R

hodroyd

If you are keen, do it quickly so you can get one of the rooms booked, the actual party is on the 7th, but we do Karting and other stuff too. A good group of people..!!