DIY. High Performance Brake Line Install

davy83

No problems with them, lengths are good fittings were more or less ok if I remember right, but then i replaced the rigid pipes at the same time so I would have made up new pipes to fit anyway. I have fitted these to a couple of cars in the past and always pleased with the robustness and general quality, very good! No complaints.

how was the fit ? i have not heard of any issues with these, but always goot to get soem feedback, to see if they can be improved in anyway ?

cheers
james

CatmanV2

Initial feedback on the Amber performance products, as supplied by James :)

Straight fitment with no issues reported by Felice. From the cockpit, the pedal feel is improved, but we have new discs / pads to bed in as well....

In short, the get a Catman thumbs up.

C

rs48635

what volume of brake fluid is needed for a total fill, including a bit for wastage when flushing?

conaero

Forum Owner
what volume of brake fluid is needed for a total fill, including a bit for wastage when flushing?

Maserati 3200:

Dot 4 1300ml (1.3 litres) Includes clutch capacity

Recommended: Tutela TOP4 270*C

Specs:
F.M.V.S.S Dot 4 ISO 4925
CUNA NC 956-01

rs48635

Thanks Matt.
will pick up two litres somewhere tomorrow. Maybe even at a filling station.
I did fancy trying ATE super blue , but mail order only I think.

Grinzzz

Motul RBF600 gets a thumbs up from me. Tried out all sorts but this stuff lasted me a tank of fuel on track really hitting the brakes hard. Tried loads of others, this was the only one less than £60/litre that would last that long. Stuck it in the maser and never had a boiling problem once.

alfatwo

And when you've all finished guys don't forget to tell your insurance company as this stuff comes under non standard modified brake part components!

Dave

davy83

I replaced all the weathered brake pipes and brackets so i did not waste a lot of time on the joints etc. It all seemed to go together quite well actually no complaints. The brakes feel a lot better, but i did replace the disks at the same time so that will have had an effect.

how was the fit ? i have not heard of any issues with these, but always goot to get soem feedback, to see if they can be improved in anyway ?

cheers
james

Contigo

Sponsor
I am doing full metal brake pipes with copper replacements (will not have to do again) and also putting the goodrich ones on at same time.

SteveM

Can the guys with 3200's clarify whether you used the 4200 kit/arrangement (as suggested by Amber) where you retain the caliper hard pipes or use the standard Goodridge 3200 kit from what I understands connects directly to caliper and omits hard pipes? I believe the calipers for both 3200 and 4200 are same (discs clearly are!) but I am unsure whether brakets, clips and connection to main brake lines are identical and I could use the 4200 with retained caliper hard pipes on a 3200?

Contigo

Sponsor
I ordered the ones off Ebay steve and used the 3200 kit which connects directly to the caliper nipple.

Evo Cymru

Can we move this to the technical section? I didn't realise there was a guide on this when I did mine.

RSM Masser

Seems this is a job to do for me now
I hadn't considered the BF Goodridge kit but for £70 this seems like a good upgrade, does it use the same brackets to mount to the subframe?
I have only looked at the rear near side so far. Does anyone know the thread typ and size?
11mm wasn't a good fit 3/8 whitworth seemed better when I removed part of the pipe.
The flex hoses seem to have a 17mm nut at the join to the rigid pipe tucked above the rear subframe so nice and easy to get at!

IMG_0464.jpg