F1 Pump removal and fitting instructions; With pics.

alfamaserman

Ditto re the excellent write-up. However I think the Fiat Group should come clean about having the same parts in different boxes with very different prices.

John [based in cloud cuckoo land]

lozcb

Ditto re the excellent write-up. However I think the Fiat Group should come clean about having the same parts in different boxes with very different prices.

If they can charge £250 for a pair of £30 trainers then it stands to reason they can charge £600 for a cardboard box simples

On the same note , they do surprise you every now and again , like my side door glass , absolute bargain at £38.00

regards loz

Parisien

Hence why we need to further build our data base of part equivalencies.......we only really have a 1/2 dozen or so, anyone prepared to make notes when they next visit an indie whose more in the know?

P

conaero

Forum Owner
They are the same, so why not. Its just Maserati and their expensive parts boxes again, they must think we are all mugs!

aliquot

i did wonder about that myself after looking at some of the other forums, but the pump went for a bit longer the first time, and no lights on the dash. will go for a proper run tonight, but i guess after doing this it could add a bit of air into the system. I did leave the cap off for a while to let any air bubble up but thats about it. As far as fluid goes i ordered Selespeed oil from the same place as the pump. I used ~ 3/4 of a lt but i did over fill slightly, and topped up again after i had used the pump a few times. I think the reservoir was empty by the time had finished removing and installing the new pump, hence the amount i used in filling it up again.

reservoirfrog

I am pretty sure that with the selespeed oil reservoir it needs 600 Mlr, may be different for a maser but Ithink its the same piece of kit.

aliquot

sounds about right then with what i had left, and the bit on the floor :)

just been up the shops, a fair few gear changes so ok so far, interesting that i did not hear the pump when i unlocked. Wondering if the pump works harder when its on its way out or something, maybe loosing pressure.

Parisien

If you followed all the instructions from Loz and Peter, am sure you're ok....just keep a check on it....

P

aliquot

will be for the next few weeks, call me paranoid. The instructions were spot on, i just found that i did not need to engage the pump more than once for the light to go off on the dash.

cabinetmaker0

Hello all I am new to the forum and have been following this thread so I can help my friend get his f1 pump replaced I have one question why is it the t you cut the cable to the unit as you stated .

[[On the right hand side, you can see the F1 Pump power cable. Disconnect the cable plug. On the right hand side of the metal clamp, cut the cable in half.]]

lozcb

Your right , there is no need to cut the cable , but gaining access to the connector is very tight , easiest way to remove the boot liner and gain access from the top , aids with refilling the system aswell

regards loz

Predator

I did remove the boot liner but I still found it too difficult to undo the clamp, so cutting the cable was the easiest option. The pump was knackered anyway, so there is no point in saving the cable.

Have you managed to change your friends pump?

John