Maserati Centenary Trip

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Just got to Bormio via Davos. What can I say? F*cking awesome! The passes are sublime, light traffic that was cleanly, and (almost always) safely, dispatched and a desire to have fun that bordered on the reckless! There were so many tunnels that my ears are f*cked; I feel like I've been in the main speaker of a thrash metal concert for the last 8 hours! Many thanks to everyone for some good driving, especially Merrian, 'Barking mad' Bob (Hodroyd) and Newton. Now for a beer.

Chrisbassett

I see Newton hit Facebook too, with a storm!

If you have twatter start posting using the hashtag #maserati100 as that's the one they are using to promote the event. Add #100Maserati as our own protest tag.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
As many on this forum will know, I have taken a fair bit of sh!t for supporting and pushing the virtues of the new Ghibli diesel and I have stated on many occasions that I will be replacing my current BMW 335d with one in the next 2-3 years. However, because of the stupid, ill considered and even spiteful attitude towards those of us from this forum making the trip down to Modena, I will be sticking to BMW or going across to Jaguar when the time comes. It's only a small protest, but it reflects my disgust at Maseratis stupidity and the attitude of the w4nkers making the decisions. We are going down to support them, not undermine them and if they don't recognise this they deserve to lose the future support of each and every one of us. F*ck them and the horse they rode into town on.

Mr.Cambio

great write up Ian. This was the main reason i removed my name from the trip list, when i saw maserati does not include the most owners in their celebrations.

Chrisbassett

Benny, it's an admirable protest, but to be honest if you prefer the maser then you should go for that. It's second hand, so no money ends up in their hands because of it.

Don't let the small-mindedness of others get in the way of your own pleasure.

Contigo

Sponsor
Right backpack is packed and I'm ready to go. 6am start in the morning and will land at 11am. See you at the Hotel guys and gals! Will be sipping a Bevvie or two :D

Chrisbassett

Maserati obviously don't give a **** about the second hand owners...so up theirs and don't let the mother-luvvin' arsewipes get you down. But Benny can protest how he wants to...just don't think they will listen or even remember in 3 years, so he'll be biting his nose off to spite his face. I hope he changes his mind and decides to sit outside the factory tour with the valves open and his foot up the floor - better than any crappy opera singer.

Wattie

Seems a little sad that some perceptions of a brand have been let down.....Especially when it involves such fervent supporters.
Cheers Wattie

conaero

Forum Owner
UPDATE DAY 3

Highs and lows today.
It's been the best and worst day of my life today.

BEST
Being with the forum members blasting through 30 tunnels, loud exhausts all leading to the best road in the world...the passes to Bormio. Hanging the **** out on mountain hairpins, rock face on one side, 1000ft drop the other, rising up into the clouds with the Maserati roar bouncing off every surface. Simply put one of if not the best day ever!

WORST
Spending £2k per car to Modena to celebrate the Maserati Centenary only for Maserati SpA to stamp on our ********!
I know you read this forum, you should be ashamed!