Maserati Centenary Trip

conaero

Forum Owner
Guys I know this has been on the cards for a while now but we will be doing the Euro factory tours and Stelvio in 2014

I will be discussing it with the mods tomorrow and places will be limited.

Based on 2 sharing, we are undecided if this is a boys or partners trip.

Anyone interested please register it here.

Planning will start once Le Mans is out of the way in June and a non refundable (but transferable) deposit will be taken.

2b1ask1

Special case
Aye; happy to be involved with the centenary organising committee....

Edit: Happy to have a driving partner on my insurance to share the trip and costs if anyone needs a ride.

Last edited:

Chrisbassett

After my practice run it would be foolish to miss out on the real thing.

As long as I have time, money, a road-worthy Spyder and "permission" then I am in. Would bring a mate rather than partner, her-indoors isn't as keen on cars as me.

More than happy to get involved with planning / organising.

conaero

Forum Owner
Aye; happy to be involved with the centenary organising committee....

Edit: Happy to have a driving partner on my insurance to share the trip and costs if anyone needs a ride.

Newton, that is what we are feeling is fair. You partner up with another forum member, he pays half the cost of fuel and toll but in turn will get to split the driving. This is because everyone will want to drive and use the partner to half the fuel costs.

Of course if you find someone who is not bothered about splitting the driving or have a mate in mind, the that will be down to the individual

Newton, Chris, thanks for the offer I will be forming a committee to plan this trip as its too big to take on, on my own. Miles our events organiser and myself will head this and we may extend the invite to other relevant clubs.

Cars will be split into 'packs' of 5 or 6 as 20 or 30 cars in one convoy will attract too much attention.

2b1ask1

Special case
As per the previous thread regarding the centenary, there is a possible date that would suit with goodwood the first weekend and Monza F1 the following...

conaero

Forum Owner
This is how far we got last time when we decided to shelve it for the Centenary:

It would be a 7 day tour leaving on a Tuesday first light.:

Monday: 7am ferry, head to Strasbourg and stay night 1
Tuesday: Head to Stelvios and stay night 2
Wednesday: drive the 'pass' en route to Modena and stay night 3
Thursday: Maserati factory tour pm stay night 4
Friday: Ferrari factory tour pm stay night 5
Saturday: depart Modena en route for 'The Ring' and stay night 6
Sunday: head for Callais for return ferry 3pm

Possible route 1 (outbound or return):

attachment.php

Possible route 2 (outbound or return):

attachment.php

Possible route 3 taking in the Nurburgring (outbound or return):

attachment.php

2b1ask1

Special case
I like the route Matt; less of France for the peasant po-po's to exercise their cash milking devices...

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Same position as Chris: subject to dates, costs and permission from the Control Tower I am well up for this. Sounds great!

allandwf

I would be up for this work rotas and funds permitting. It would be partner for me though, as I wouldn't get to go galavanting off to Italy and leave her.

cobratwin

Defo up for this and wil make the time! Wife will not becoming.
Matt offer still stands re factory's etc so just shout if you want me to try and sort something. Depending on the numbers might it be worth trying to charter a train for the crossing?

Last edited:

Mr.Cambio

Nice idea to combine it with Monza GP.

As i will be coming from Greece, i would like to drive with you for a while, so i could meet you @ Stelvio.

And, no trip will be organised unless hordoyd and Parisien are with us :)

It's too early if we think for September 2014.

I can arrange accomodation in Italy if you wish, as i am not involved in the rest of the route.

safrane

You will need twenty cars+ for your own carriage on the chunnel...this will also be the double deck one as they will not give out all the high vehicle space for cars booked as a group.
The discount is only around 10% as well.

jamesc69

I'm well up for this one guys.
No chance Vicky will come so either on my own or bring a mate.

James

cobratwin

i think we are aiming for more than 20 cars?
10% is better than nothing, they would have to give us a single decker is we all had roof boxes on! pmsl

Emtee

I haven't, but has anyone heard anything of the official plans yet? If we can tie in with the official celebrations, by the time we get to Modena we could quite realistically be part of the biggest Trident gathering on record.