Maserati Centenary Trip

alfatwo

I did warn you guys..exactly the same happened in 2010 with the Alfa Centenary....

How about a easy SM trip,say Lake Como 2015, no hooligans, then we can take the ladies!

Dave

Ambient69

3000 Euro, are sure it is not right. The barmen kept going into the backroom each time they served anyone, probably with the extra bottle of Peroni - service charge. No wonder they wanted to call it a day each night, just could not keep up with the Motley Crew.

Or was it for parking and water rates.

Add mine to the forum.

hodroyd

Hooliganism is part of the fun for some, no names mentioned of course, it would spoil the fun..!! (no I didn't mention Blondie).

Blondie

Well, that rules Blondie out on two counts! ;)

Hey!!!! :battered:

But then I'm not going to be the one having to pick rubber out of my teeth because you happened to get 'bumped' into the tyre wall. I've been told I drive karts like dodgem cars hehehe. Hands up all those who are proud of being a hooligan... :numberone:

outrun

Some great photos in my friend's blog on the Centenary. I didn't get a chance to meet him as he was always around the official trip and nowhere near the unofficial hooligans (you know who you are).

He owns an Indy, Kylami and a Mexico. All perfect condition.

http://on-offtrack.tumblr.com/

drewf

Update after a chat yesterday with a chap who "knows" what went on in the background in Modena....

Here's an example of what happened with the parking:

Maserati sold the rights to the entire event to a third party, who then were to organise and control everything regarding the Centenary.
This is in part because Maserati factory couldn't organise a ****-up in a brewery, but also because they couldn't afford financially to underwrite the arrangements.
So... when the third party got to hear of our plans, their lawyers jumped up and down making loads of noise, as they believed they had paid for the rights to control all Maserati events in the area. All events....
Naturally, the Maserati factory wouldn't want to upset someone who had paid them a significant sum for those 'rights', 'needed' to protect the Maserati owners who had paid handsomely for the official event, and of course you know the rest. The other Maserati owners who had driven 2500 miles to do the event were clearly not enthusiastic enough with their wallets to be considered.

In effect, our event was sold to the Centenary promoters along with the factory event. That's the end result, and why the City of Modena were obliged to withdraw their support. Perfectly fair and reasonable.... I remember handing over all the planning I'd put in to... no, wait, I didn't.

conaero

Forum Owner
All I know is that the person who organised the official event was an American and that was the reason it was fumbled as he was too distant from Modena to organise it.

So basically we take from that that Maserati is in dire financial difficulties and their 100 years meant absolutely nothing to them and all this talk of passion and history is just marketing spin.

Contigo

Sponsor
Indeed, I concur, the main thing is those of us who went thoroughly enjoyed it and will always remember it! Job done, thanks to the great organisers on here.