Goodridge brake hose kit

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Noticed these for sale on ebay, double checked on the Goodridge web site and yes, available for the 4200/GS.
Good price too, with stainless steel fittings less than £130 inc VAT & delivery, less than £90 if zinc fittings! For all 4 too.
I know FD have had these for sale for quite a while, at nearly triple the price.
I am sure in the past these where not available from Goodridge, they must have decided to make the necessary fittings necessary.
Another one on the shopping list!

davy83

I have just fitted Goodrich flexi hoses to my 3200 but because of many other disasters not driven yet, hopefully will be able to report within a week or so. fitted ok though. look great!

davidhowson

~This is a mod I have done on many of my cars in the past to great effect. I would really like to know how it goes when you get the chance to test and report.
-David-

Geofflyn

~This is a mod I have done on many of my cars in the past to great effect. I would really like to know how it goes when you get the chance to test and report.
-David-

What is the benefit in fitting these? Is there a problem with the standard hoses?

MAF260

What is the benefit in fitting these? Is there a problem with the standard hoses?

The main benefit is that stainless braided brake hoses expand less under pressure than rubber hoses and generally do not bulge. This means that the hydraulic pressure applied by pressing the brake pedal is transferred more directly/efficiently to the brake friction surfaces; pedal feel is also more solid. Stainless braided hoses usually have a different construction to rubber - rubber hoses consist of an inner rubber hose wrapped in a braided textile and then an outer rubber covering. The inner hose of stainless hoses is typically made of Teflon or PTFE wrapped in braided stainless steel wire.

2b1ask1

Special case
10 years is about all you can get from standard hoses before they start ballooning, full intend to do mine this year as part of its anniversary works!

Geofflyn

10 years is about all you can get from standard hoses before they start ballooning, full intend to do mine this year as part of its anniversary works!

Thanks Newton, sounds like a time driven maintenance chore I need todo in the next year or so

davy83

I replaced my flexi hoses at the same time as replacing all the weathered rigid hoses, none of these things last forever. With any car the brakes are the one thing you don't want to pack in on you, and especially one of these cars where you may be relying on them quite a lot!!!