New Fifth Gear

Classico

Tiff Needell gets on my nerves a bit given his past reviews.

Anything Italian, he tends to patronizingly dismiss (ie. Alfa 159, Maser Ghibli etc etc).

alfatwo

It was never any good when it was on channel 5, not a patch on Top Gear! ..or as they now call it, the Clarkson,Hammond and May show :wink:

Dave

hodroyd

If you struggle with girls over 40 wearing short skirts, you can always use a gag for the cackle and a bag for the looks, if they offend you of course. Personally I know some very nice young ladies who could possibly be around 40, who ever knows..??

Andyk

**** missed this one..Suppose it will be on again.....Chris Harris is really good....Agree with Classico Tiff get son my nerves as well......

c4sman

I disagree about Tiff. He invented the sort of drift fest test all journos and especially Harris now attract so many YouTube views for (first early one was I think an early e55 vs XJR vs m5 many many years ago). If you think he doesn't like Italian stuff watch him drive the enzo or particularly the Zonda R. I'm sorry to say that there are a number or modern Italian mass produced cars that don't stand up to German competition in the round although they may look better and have more character.

Now I'm going to duck....

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
**** missed this one..Suppose it will be on again.....Chris Harris is really good....Agree with Classico Tiff get son my nerves as well......

Just renewed our BT broadband package and negotiated a free BT Youview box.
One of the channels that is streamed is the History channel, and yes I now get 5th Gear.
I have it on series record and it records it on repeat, today, on a Saturday.

Andyk

I disagree about Tiff. He invented the sort of drift fest test all journos and especially Harris now attract so many YouTube views for (first early one was I think an early e55 vs XJR vs m5 many many years ago). If you think he doesn't like Italian stuff watch him drive the enzo or particularly the Zonda R. I'm sorry to say that there are a number or modern Italian mass produced cars that don't stand up to German competition in the round although they may look better and have more character.

Agree, Tiff is a brilliant driving and knows his stuff and have seen some great road tests over the years from hin. ......but he just gets on my nerves these days....Sure he speaks highly of me as well though.

Contigo

Sponsor
The first real car that he drifted in an epic way was the V10 M5, he was so impressed with the cars tyre shredding capabilities that he tried to create a monster one.

Wind it through to 6 mins for the drifting fun.

[video=youtube;_zYWOqm_Zkc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zYWOqm_Zkc[/video]

Andyk

He did the same with E39 M5 before that as well......That V10 is pretty epic....Another car before I die...

Andyk

At 15kish Dem they are looking like a load of car for the money..Ain't a cheap car to run though from what owners have said. It is a V10 though.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Nearly bought a V10 M6, but decided on the Maser instead.
A M5 V10 touring would be handy for family holidays though!

rockits

I had an E60 V10 M5 for a few months & what an EPIC car. A bit dull & boring & clunky at slow speeds but I guess comfortable and practical. When you start to push on at 9/10 & 10/10's OMG that is a real special feeling. Hoping my 4200 with exhaust mods gets close as that V10 on song is truly a n amazing piece of engineering. A really special 'thing' as Harris would probably say!
I have not driven a car that has so much power that it feels as though is not pulling any weight not at any speed in any gear. My most favourite engine to date. Gear shifts on max setting are truly eye wincing brutal! Effective and super quick but your feel for the poor transmission on every brutal change. BANG have a gear...BANG have another...BANG...and another. Quite amazing. I miss it and also nearly went M6 before going 4200. Key decision was M5 /M6 is like any other car below 9/10 but 4200 is special anything above 0/10's!

Classico

Owned German and respect and like what they're about.

But there are some things they don't do as well. I guess most of us would agree that's why many us here own a Maserati or a combination of the two.

Zonda - Argentine Pagani's baby.

Enzo - rare exception.

Each their own and all that :)

Contigo

Sponsor
I had a V10 touring and it was Epic, only downside was poor fuel economy coupled with small fuel tank meaning frequent fill ups on long journeys.

image.jpg

Contigo

Sponsor
It could crusie in comfort, but one press of the M button and it became a schizophrenic monster!

dem maser

The sound of the v10 is excellent

I do prefer the M6 but thats as i wont be needing a family car in a while