1st 2nd or 3rd Generation

lozcb

Was talking in the Pub at rugby the other week re prices of parts/cars etc , and i happened to mention that most of us were down to earth and not wealthy new maserati buyers, likened us to 2nd or 3rd generation owners , interesting to see how many owners your car has had , not that it makes a blind bit of difference providing its been well looked after

regards loz

jpmondalek

I'm the 2nd owner. My car was a lease return from dealer in Florida, before it went to auction and got picked up by a used luxury car dealer in ALABAMA! I was a crazy 26 year old with too much passion looking to spend his hard earned...and bought mine over the Internet! I knew Grigio Nuvolari was the color I wanted and the Cuoio Sella interior sealed the deal for me. I also drove a very hard bargain that I couldn't walk away from. Fortunately, after shipping my car to Boston, my POST purchase inspection found minor issues, including a leaking oil seal (fixed under warranty) and tires in need of replacement. I decided to do a major service as well and replaced all fluids, filters, etc, and she's been running great since!

She's a July '06 build, US LE spec car (can tell from the front shields), and I have put 3k miles since I bought her last May. My baby is now in Dubai and in the loving hands of my dear mother ;)

Looking forward to reading your stories.

Attachments

• Perla at Sunset.jpg
    Perla at Sunset.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Perla at Sunset 2.jpg
    Perla at Sunset 2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

conaero

Forum Owner
Think I am the third owner, pretty sure. So that means the first 2 owners only had it for a little over a year each, which sounds like it might have been a bit of a dog, but infact quite the opposite.

I will probably sell it at 5 years old to the 4th owner which does not sound so bad.

lozcb

Both the 4200 and the GS are 3 owner vehicles including me , but the GS shows 5 now as there are 3 private plates registered on it , and the 4200 has 4 showing with 2 private plates , apparently now the DVLA has stopped logging private plates as additional owners thank god ,

Only ever had a first generation car , and would never do it again , just too much depreciation for a tight git like me

regards loz

ENZ525

My QP was first registered on 11-Nov-2004,
I am the 2nd owner having purchased her on 21-Mar-2009 with 36900 miles on the clock,
she is now on 45600, so just over a year and 9000 very happy miles.

I think you are right Loz, about the DVLA changing the system,
my V5 shows just 1 previous owner despite it having been on 2 regular and 2 private plates.
Regards,
Enzo.

Paul L

Sponsor
I am the fifth owner of my 3200gt, 57,000 on the clock.

Looking at the previous owners and their garage bills etc the car has never lived more then 30 miles away from Maranello's in Egham just off the
M25 where it was first purchased and registered in Nov 1999

I live 6 miles up the road from Maranello, how close can you be?

Parisien

Yup, am second owner........only 36 k on clock......hence my post about a becoming a GT owner is almost a fantasy at the moment!!!

P

safrane

4th Owner with 64k on the clock. Held it for 2 years now.

Car started life at Carrs Exeter, but was bought by a guy who lived in S/W london????? must have seen it on a trip down to Devon!

Other two have both been SW owners, Bath and Clane. Services have been at Carrs x 2, D/L Swindon x 3 and Meridian Modena Lyndhurst x 2, and in my hands Emblem in Poole x 2. Nice to note that it was looked after at MM by Myles who is now at Emblem!

nigw

Mine has had two owners before me (both members of the "other" forum).....2002 car with 38k miles.

urbanmaser

I am the second owner of my 2007 Gransport which I bought last June at 8,500 miles and now done 11,000............Just run in :)

cowsurgeon

I'm the 4th owner of my 2000 3200 GTA.
First chap had it for 6 years and did 40,000 miles
2nd owner for 1 year and did 1000miles
3rd owner on this forum had it for 2 years and did 13,000miles...