Extended Warranty

urbanmaser

HR Owen have now got my car for annual service. This is the last service under the original warranty. They are changing the spigot bearing under warranty and looking at a few other issues.

I know I have a habit of repeating myself but the subject of extended warranty has raised its head. Apparently, if I were to say I do want the warranty they would carry out a more throrough inspection of the car. I have to make a final decision. The cost of extending it for two more years inclusive of Vat is £3,300. I know Loz feels that it is not worth doing given that the car has only covered 10,000 miles and is unlikely to do more than 3,000 miles per annum. If I did decide to buy it my bill for this year would come to around £5,000 including the service and clutch parts.......ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SimonM

IMO it's a no-brainer Urbanmasser - the cars had enough time for it "foibles" to out themselves, and you'll be putting next to no miles on it. Stick 3K in the bank and expect to use it, and you'll have a nice bonus at the end of 2011 i'd bet...if you're not driving it let her tick over on the drive for 10 minutes every week, she'll love you for it! ;)

lozcb

You know my thoughts Peter, Now even more so reinforced, now that you are having the clutch done under warranty so yet another large possible expense out of the way , the only other real possible big bill would be for The F1 pump , Now i may have just sorted another F1 pump coup for owners, having already broken the refurb myth with repairs/refurbs by Multi Truck of Milton Keynes at £167 i can almost confirm that the pump for the Alfa Selespeed is the same as the maserati pump, and only £319 plus vat , we are in the process at the moment of cross checking the part no's and have actually ordered one to verify physically should find out by the end of the week ,

So my only thoughts / reasons for going for the extended warranty that it may help resale if you were thinking of selling in the near future

regards loz

SimonM

You know my thoughts Peter, Now even more so reinforced, now that you are having the clutch done under warranty so yet another large possible expense out of the way , the only other real possible big bill would be for The F1 pump , Now i may have just sorted another F1 pump coup for owners, having already broken the refurb myth with repairs/refurbs by Multi Truck of Milton Keynes at £167 i can almost confirm that the pump for the Alfa Selespeed is the same as the maserati pump, and only £319 plus vat , we are in the process at the moment of cross checking the part no's and have actually ordered one to verify physically should find out by the end of the week ,

regards loz

nice one mate - that would be a bit of a coup.....IS THERE NOTHING THAT CANNOT BE LOZZED!!?? :) :)

Parisien

nice one mate - that would be a bit of a coup.....IS THERE NOTHING THAT CANNOT BE LOZZED!!?? :) :)

Plus 1.......

Yes, get those other foibles sorted, put the 3K into your Maserati slush fund! You've a newish car which has more of the up-dates and improvements so you should be a lot less likely to give bother!

P

conaero

Forum Owner
That's what I tend to do, keep it in the slush fund, then when I get a problem get it LOZZED!

urbanmaser

Thanx guys...... I needed to hear it again from you. By the way HR Owen said that the extended Ferrari warranty is £3,000 per annum. When I said to them that makes more sense than £2,200 per annum for a Maserati when an Enzo cost around £600,000, they politely informed me that there is no extended warranty offered for an Enzo............probably too much of a risk for them.